In covid times , when it is mandatory to stay at home or work from home, many people are experiencing indigestion , back pain, neck pain and many other ailments. Here we have identified some yogasanas which will help you to get rid of these issues and it will also help in strengthening of your muscles in a natural way.
1) Parvatasana: For full body stretch , and improving blood circulation all around the body . It streches every muscle of the body from head to toe and also reduces muscle pain in back and neck regions . if you practice it regularly , you may prevent diseases like rheumatic stiffness , arthritis etc.
Technique or How to perform Parvatasana ?
- Sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana
- Join your hands in front of you . Breath out and stretch your hands vertically up over the head.
- pull and stretch your torso in upward direction as much as you can.
- Hold this position for 8-10 seconds and breath normally.
2) Uttanpadasana: Best asana for you abdomen , it tones all organs in abdomen and improves the functioning of digestive system. It improves digestion and removes constipation. for diabetic persons it is beneficial as it is good for pancreases, for women it is beneficial as this pose strengthens the walls of uterus and improves the functioning of reproductive organs
Technique / How to perform Uttanapadmasana ??
1 )Lie flat on the back
2) keep arms by the side of the body
3) keep the heels and feet together
4)Breath in slowly and raise the legs. take the legs to an angle of 45 degrees from the ground.
5) Retain this position for 8 to 10 seconds. Hold the breath . With practice , you can hold the leg in the raised position even a minute. if abdominal muscle starts to jerk release the pose and come back to flat position and relax. don`t strain beyond your capacity.
6)Bring the legs slowly down on the floor. Exhale.
7) Take rest for 6 to 8 seconds and then repeat the same . you can practice this asana 4 to 6 times a day.
If you find it difficult to lift both the legs together you can do it with one leg. it is known as ekpada uttanpadasana.
3) Vajrasana: As in covid we are not able to go out for walk or work etc., our moments have been restricted, so many people are finding digestion problems. Vajrasana is the best asana if performed regularly after meal it will helps in digestion , also will eliminates the gas trouble, and it also increases the resistance power.
Technique / How to perform Vajrasana ?
- Kneel down by placing the heels at the side of the anus in such a way that thighs should rest on the legs and buttocks rest on the heels.
- The body should rest on the knees and ankles .(initially you may feel pain but with practice the pain becomes tolerable. )
- Stretch the arms and place the palms on the knees. Keep the knees close by.
- Keep the back and head erect.
- Keep this position for 10 minutes. with practice one can hold this posture with ease for a longer time. This is the only asana which if practiced immediately after meal , it stimulates digestion.
4) Bhujangasana: Due to covid and work from home many people are facing back problems for them bhujangasana will be very much helpful as this asana is very good for spinal and lower back pain. it also stretches abs and chest and also cures constipation.
Technique or How to Perform Bhujangasana ?
- Lie on the stomach by touching your chin to the chest. Relax and inhale
- Keep your palms below the shoulders and raise your head and trunk.
- Stretch the feet backwards in such a way that toes will touch the ground.
- look up and hold the breath.
- keep this position for 10-15 seconds, exhale and bring the body to normal original position.
5) Dhanurasana: This increases the digestive power by activating intestines. It reduces fat and also improves respiration. It cures constipation and also strengthens the back and abdominal muscles. This asana rejuvenates the spine and it prevents bones from being untimely degenerated. For Diabetic persons also this asana is very effective as it activates the pancreas and insulin is produced in a proper proportion.
Technique / How to perform Dhanurasana ?
- Lie prone on the floor on the stomach, face downwards, relax the muscles and inhale.
- Place arms alongside the body
- Raise the legs upwards and bend at the knees.
- Raise the arms backwards and hold the anckles with the hands
- Raise the chest and head
- In this position the body looks like an arch.
- hold the breath
- You can keep this position for 10-15 seconds
- Exhale and come back to the original position.
We hope these yoga poses will be useful for you and will help you beat health issues and help you lead a healthy life ahead.
Please Note: We have suggested these asanas so that you lead a healthy life ahead. In case you feel any issue or discomfort during the course of time, then you can discontinue doing the asanas.